*Freshman year in softball season* insert flashback here.
I was a 15 year old girl that just wanted to fit in. I just wanted others to like me. Nothing new there right? Sound like every other girl. We were in St. George for a softball tournament. I didn't really have any friends. But one of the older girls invited me to the little mall with her and a friend. I was so excited.
While we were there they asked me to steal for them from the buckle.. They wanted me to take a bracelet. In my little head I weighed out my options. I might get friends finally. They are my ride back to the hotel. I wont be alone all season.. So what did I do? I took it..
For the rest of the tournament I had two pretty good friends. My conscience eat me alive and I went against what I believed. But hey I was no longer alone. To top it all off I was starting varsity as a freshman!!
But a week later my "friends" didn't like that I was starting over them, because they were older. So they turned me in to the coach. The coach called me in with them and the principal. They tried to make me seem like I took it and made them take it. I tried to tell them my side of the story and that it wasn't in my attentions. But none the less I made a very bad bad BAD decision!
I was kicked off the team, but was allowed to practice with them. I was given the decision to tell my mom or Mr. Holmes would. I told him that I needed to be responsable for my own actions. He then hugged me and sent me on my way. I told my mom in tears about the horrible thing I had done. She held me and told me I can either lay down and cry (in my room because I was rightfully grounded for 5 months) or I could pick myself up and go show them that I am determined and a better person. So after school I still went to practice. Pride a little hurt, but I still worked to become the player I wanted to be.
I made myself a better person through the decisions I made. They were very bad, but sometimes that's how we have to learn.
I was kicked off the team, but was allowed to practice with them. I was given the decision to tell my mom or Mr. Holmes would. I told him that I needed to be responsable for my own actions. He then hugged me and sent me on my way. I told my mom in tears about the horrible thing I had done. She held me and told me I can either lay down and cry (in my room because I was rightfully grounded for 5 months) or I could pick myself up and go show them that I am determined and a better person. So after school I still went to practice. Pride a little hurt, but I still worked to become the player I wanted to be.
I made myself a better person through the decisions I made. They were very bad, but sometimes that's how we have to learn.
I didn't judge! That is a great example of making a decision and considering your options. I'm glad you were able to learn from that and became a better person!
ReplyDelete