To me a coach is more than just the title. It is a person that is there to teach you and guide you. They have the hardest job, to inspire.
What does it take to be a great coach?
To be a great coach you have to not only care about what your teaching these people on the court/field you have to care about teaching them in life. You are teaching them life lessons. Good coaches know the people they are working with. They care about those people. They care that thy do will not just in the team but as a person. Coaches don't usually see that they are forming young people.
How does it differ from other helping professions?
Coaches should be worried not only about the performance, but about the person.
I want to talk about a coach that I think is amazing. He has been in the same place that his boys are in. So he talks to them and helps them the way that he was helped or wished he was helped. He cares about those boys. He pushes them hard and to their limits, so that they know what those limits are. He had one of his boys getting really down on himself after a game and so his took the time out of his day to text him and tell him good job. And to keep his head up. Small things like that, being able to see when something is wrong, makes a huge difference. That coach is my brother Bryer. I'm so proud of the example her has set on and off the court/field. He leads his boys by example. He wants to pass on the knowledge he has gained to those willing to listen. I love you Bry, thanks for being an example.


One thing I hate that one of my coaches has done is when we do something bad, she just shuts down. It's not motivating to hear her say "well, you guys suck."

My favorite coaches are my life coaches. My parents (: They have taught me so much! They let me learn from mistakes but also teach me basics. They are supportive of all that I do. They are the soft embrace and the firm hand when needed. My family coach me by the examples they give me. Good or bad I can learn from it. I love them with all my heart and wouldn't chance what or how they have taught me for anything!
Part two of this fabulous coaching thingy (:
I love looking at coaching. It's fun to see different coaches with their whys and hows of their coaching.



No comments:
Post a Comment